Sunday, November 7, 2010

Books, Books and More Books!

So I signed up for NaNoWriMo (National November Writing Month) in which I, along with 300,000 of my closest writerly friends, did steadfastly swear to commit the month of November to writing at least 50,000 words. I'll save you the math: that's 1,667 words per day. For some, that's no big deal; for me (who writes at a snail's pace), that's crazy.

Turned out it was. It's the end of the first week and I've barely surpassed the word count required by the end of Day One. No catching up now. So, I could feel bad about it, stress out, eat a bunch of ice cream and get down on myself... Or I could get over it. In the interest of sanity and family harmony, I have chosen the latter.

I still have a good story idea I plan on fleshing out (one excruciatingly slow word at a time), but I no longer fancy that I might claim victory in the NaNoWriMo winner's circle. Instead, I rejoiced in the 40% off Used Book Sale at my local store and went Book-Bonkers!

Welcome to Cyndi's NaNoReaMo! Yay, me! *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Haha!! I love your attitude! :) You still wrote more than I did. I haven't done any writing in the last few weeks. Life kind of got in the way... as it often does. *sigh*

    Wow, are you gonna read all that?? Happy NaNoReaMo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! That's exactly what I did once I realized NaNo was not going to work out for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. comments. :P :) hi.

    Have fun reading. Nano is definitely insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!! That's funny :D You look proper chuffed with all those books :)

    NaNo is crazy, I totally agree with you. I have the perfect answer for it. I just don't do it, and I'll have nothing to feel guilty about haha!!

    ReplyDelete