Monday, September 20, 2010

A Matter of Perspective

This blog is dedicated to love stories- reading them, writing them, enjoying all sorts of stories but particularly those about love. I've used it to share thoughts on writing and publishing as I go through this stage of my life. Today, though, I don't want to talk about writing or reading. I want to talk about what's important. Love.

Love one another.

It's more than a commandment from Jesus. It's the core of all that matters. At this very moment, I have one friend facing blindness, another facing deafness, two facing death from cancer, some with marital strife, and more who are unemployed.

I get so wrapped up in "my book"- editing it, getting critiques, queries, synopses, rejections... on and on it goes, this obsession with getting the darn thing published. And yet what truly matters is loving people. I've been blessed to meet people through this journey, great folks on this blog, through Twitter, through Facebook.

Sharing life with one another is what matters. The good, the bad and the ugly.

So thank you, for being part of this community, part of my life. For being part of this love story. Life is hard-- no one doubts that-- and the only way to get up each day is to have people around you (physically or virtually) who care, who prop you up. Be that person for someone else today, if you can. And I'll do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Words that we should all live by. It is good to find "love" in unexpected places and in simple connections such as friends on Twitter. I enjoyed your post and wish it could be "written on the subway walls".

    ReplyDelete