Saturday, February 11, 2012

Photo Shoot for Hell Transporter!


The author photo on the back cover of Between is from my trip to Scotland in 2010. I'm actually leaning between the cracks in the stone at the Clava Cairns, just like any rabid Outlander fan would do. I love the picture, but it doesn't work very well for the cover of Hell Transporter (given the red flame).

And I have grown my hair out, so I don't look like that anymore.

What to do?

Photo Shoot Time, Baby!

My fabulous friend, Saskia Kidd, agreed to lavish her photography skills on me in order to come up with a new author photo. We had a grand time and ended up with a few pics I really like.

I'm not sure which will make it onto the Hell Transporter cover, but here they are. I'd love to hear what you think!

Pretty and Elegant

Fun and Friendly


Professional and "author-y"

Well, what do you think? :)

Hell Transporter is coming out in March, so it won't be long before you can have a copy in your hot little hands. Eep! I'm so excited!

You can vote for it on the Can't Wait for Books 2012 list on Goodreads!

22 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures, 3rd one is definitely professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. torn between fun and friendly and professional and author-y !! I love the red :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike the lighting in the third picture. It's a nice shot, but Fun and Friendly looks more engaging, like you're about to tell me something...or you're hanging on MY every word. I vote for Door #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Fun and Friendly. That one gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one, myself. You look like Claire Danes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and friendly is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The muddy paws vote for Pretty and Elegant, but they are all great shots!

    love ya' :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cindy! Congratulations on having a professional photo shoot! How Exciting! I would have to say I like Photo #1 and #2 the best. I don't fancy the way your sweater is bunching up in photo #3. In photo #2 the lighting really captures the red in the sweater (you look fab in red, btw) and the red in your lipstick color. It also makes your blue eyes pop even more. Photo #1 is simple and classy; there is something about black and white photo that are gorgeous.

    Cheers!
    Adrena Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first one is my favorite! I just love the elegance and timelessness in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first is my favourite :D I like your smile and your hair looks GORGEOUS. #2, your sweater slightly takes away from your gorgeous face. 3 is fine (you're very pretty in it) but I like #1 best still.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My vote goes for the Fun and Friendly one :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Professional and Authory is the perfect combination of the other two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I particularly like the "fun and friendly" one, although what i really want to know is, how long did it take you to grow out your hair?!!! Trying with mine and it's taking soooooooooooooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It took me almost two years to grow it out. The process was excruciating. I threatened to cut it every other day. Hubs would say, "Fine, do it!" and I would be all, "No..." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. All very nice shots but I like fun and friendly best. Simply gorgeous :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fun and friendly one! They all look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're all so great but I LOVE FUN AND FRIENDLY!! It's sooo you!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun and Friendly is so engaging. There seems to be a lot more latitude with author photos these days. I look at that and think, "What's the story?" Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, everyone! We decided to go with the "professional and author-y" photo for the book cover, but I like the "fun and friendly" one for social media. :)

    ReplyDelete