Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Pity Party Playlist!

Ok, so rejection number 3,715,859 came today (give or take). So, in the spirit of a true pity party, here are some songs that came to mind (and some I found while surfing the web).

All That Could Have Been- Nine Inch Nails
Broken Dream- Justin Hayward
Cry Me A River- Crystal Gayle
Crying- Roy Orbison
Heartbreak Town- Dixie Chicks
Hello, Mr. Heartache- Dixie Chicks
I Can't Cry Hard Enough- Paul Williams
I Can't Make You Love Me- Bonnie Raitt
I Gotta Get Drunk- Willie Nelson
I'm Not Okay- My Chemical Romance
I'm On The Outside Looking In- Little Anthony
Is That All There Is?- Peggy Lee
It's My Party (and I'll Cry If I Want To)- Leslie Gore
It's The End of the World As We Know It- R.E.M.
Let the Sad Times Roll On- Buck Owens
Misery and Gin- Merle Haggard
Not Goin' Cry- Mary J. Blige
So Much For My Happy Ending- Avril Lavigne
Sounds of Silence- Simon & Garfunkel
Teardrops On My Guitar- Taylor Swift
There's a Tear in My Beer- Hank Williams
Too Much Time On My Hands- Styx
What Hurts the Most- Rascal Flatts
What's Going On- Marvin Gaye

Ok, enough whining and moping about! I WILL find the agent who loves my book and it WILL get published!

So here's my new theme song! Tubthumping by Chumbawamba

That's right: "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down!"

Ah, much better :)

Feel free to add your own songs to the play list, my friends!

3 comments:

  1. I've gotten so many rejections for different things I've written that I think I will use them to paper my bedroom. "Tubthumping" brings back so many memories...memories of a younger self who didn't get rejected!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Commiserations!

    I tend toward to opera, any female aria will do! And I'm think F'ck you (the sub editor) that is.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is "I Ain't Down Yet" from The Unsinkable Molly Brown, as sung by Debbie Reynolds. :)

    ReplyDelete